We're proud to announce that OpenMined was recently mentioned in the State of AI Report 2020. Since OpenMined's inception in 2017, the community has been working hard to advance privacy preserving data science. To be featured as a significant trend in AI is great milestone for the community.
What is the State of AI Report?
The State of AI Report analyses the most interesting developments in AI. It aims to trigger an informed conversation about the state of AI and its implication for the future. The Report is produced by AI investors Nathan Benaich and Ian Hogarth.
Now in its third year, the State of AI Report 2020 features invited contributions from a range of well-known and up-and-coming companies and research groups. The Report considers the following key dimensions:
- Research: Technology breakthroughs and capabilities.
- Talent: Supply, demand and concentration of AI talent.
- Industry: Areas of commercial application for AI and its business impact.
- Politics: Regulation of AI, its economic implications and the emerging geopolitics of AI.
- Predictions: What we believe will happen and a performance review to keep us honest.
Now coming to OpenMined's section at the State of AI Report 2020:
OpenMined was mentioned under two headlines at the State of AI report
1) OpenMined, leading open source community for privacy preserving ML, demonstrates the first open source federated learning platform for web, mobile, server and IoT(In collaboration with PyTorch):
2) Prospective testing begins for privacy preserving AI applied to medical imaging(In collaboration with Technical University of Munich, Imperial college London and Crypten):
See the State of AI Report 2020 here.
If you want to join our mission on making the world more privacy preserving: